About Me

Stylish Vintage Living
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 9 February 2014

Our Partner - The Vintage Painter - Has a New Website!


Our partner, the talented artist, Chrissy Mount Kapp - The Vintage Painter has a new website. Check out the work of award-winning artist and save with our special Vintage Painter 10% Code: SVL022014
 
Chrissy Mount Kapp is known for her Vintage and Americana themed oil paintings, private commissions, custom murals and fine art prints. 
 
Chrissy says: "I am often asked, “What is your inspiration for using vintage photography in your paintings?”

Painting from photos is nothing new; many artists have done it. What is different and unique is what I see and how I interpret each picture. I am not just painting directly what is in the picture; I pick and choose what I feel is important to tell the story. This would include choosing more playful colors or giving my paintings a historical feel.

I love storytelling and history. I am fascinated by the American Dream. I seek to portray that dream in my paintings. I want to show how our past generations achieved their dreams.

My favorite paintings include working class people at everyday jobs. I also find vintage signage very appealing.

I started out using family photos. In the process of tracing my roots, I was struck by the scenes of the 1930s. I found one of my grandmother, Elizabeth Pritchard, in a waitress uniform, standing in front of a café with a sign that read “Regular Dinner.” It was appealing because I had been a waitress, and I wanted to know, what is a “Regular Dinner”?

Through the years, many people have generously donated their family photos to me, especially as I travel across the Midwest doing shows. I have also done several commissions including two paintings for the Iowa State Bank, in Urbandale Iowa.

I have a story and a history for every painting I put my paintbrush to. Just ask!"
 
 

0 comments: